Addressing movement and functional impairments from injures and structural changes to the nervous system
Why is Neurological Rehabilitation important?
- Prevent loss of function
- Prevent secondary complications i.e. diabetes, inactivity, decreased independence
- Maintain functional abilities
- Maintain quality of life
- Manage pain
Who does Neurological Rehabilitation help?
- Post stroke (hemorrhagic and ischemic)
- Brain Injury (traumatic, tumor, post surgery)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- And more…
What are the goals of Neurological Rehabilitation?
- overall mobility
- gait pattern
- strength, endurance, and physical conditioning
- activity and exercise tolerance
- Address orthopedic issues related to the condition
- Alleviate pain
- Restore range of motion and prevent contractures
What can you expect during a Physiotherapy Neurological Assessment?
- One of our qualified Physiotherapists will discuss with you your goals for treatment.
- During the clinic exam your mobility, gait, balance, posture, range of motion, and more will be assessed.
- Your assessment will be approximately 90 minutes.
What is involved in Neurological Rehabilitation?
- All of our treatments are one-on-one with a Physiotherapist and are up to 45 minutes.
- All treatments are tailored to meet an individual’s needs.
- We work collaboratively with you to develop and achieve your goals.
- Developing an individualized home exercise program.
- Some treatment techniques may include NDT approach and manual therapy.
- Our goal is to assist you in improving or maintaining your functional abilities.